Thursday, October 12, 2006

Cuenca

A while ago, aka the day before the night my computer got stolen, I traveled with my friend Kali to Cuenca. Cuenca is a small-ish town in the eastern part of Spain. It is the halfway point between Madrid and Valencia, the closest city with a beach. Cuenca is known for its casa colgadas, or hanging houses. I thought these would be amazing feat of engineering, with large parts of the houses dangling precariously off the edge of a huge cliff. Well the was a huge cliff, but not much dangling.

My friend and I left Saturday morning to take the 2 and a half hour train ride to Cuenca, arriving at about 11. This was my first train ride ever, and it was quite uneventful. We arrived in Cuenca, and not having a guidebook, started to wonder. We saw signs for the hanging houses, and headed that way. They were rather unimpressive, but the art museum inside one of them was amazing. We wondered about the town, finding more museums and visiting the cathedral. For lunch we sat on an outlook of the mountains and had bocadillos and wine. It was very fun. And the people were NICE!

And now the pictures:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome car! I want to trade the Mustang for that!
Mom