Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Last Friday I traveled to Segovia, a very old city north of Madrid. There are many sights including a castle, rumored to be Walt Disney's inspiration for Sleeping Beauty's castle.
We toured the castle, but having an hour tour in Spanish gets a bit tiring so I gave up on the historical aspects. I made my own narrative and it was much more fun. The castle had tons of beautiful stained glass windows, and lots of weapons.




Also of interest in Segovia is a church built long ago by the Knights Templar, of recent Da Vinci code fame.
I found this a bit boring, and I feel that I have seen almost all of the old churches that I need to see. But saying that, I did see the outside of a beautiful cathedral.
The best sight in Segovia is the aquaduct.
This structure is over 2000 years old and was built by the Romans. No cement or mortar was used in its construction, just great engineering. Amazing, just amazing. There is one more thing for the parents... a picture of my roomate and I in Segovia.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a pretty castle- i am super-jealous. except, i wish that i could live in the castle, and not just visit. maybe someday i can engineer a castle (for people to live it... that would make it bme, right?)

school sucks here, i hope you're having a great time in spain!

-hadley

Anonymous said...

oooo oooo, I've been there!!! I have a little statue of that castle! This is so cool, I hope that you are having an awesome time.

Anonymous said...

I found your link, Clint. The pictures are really good and I'm glad to see that Stu is a normal looking dude. Of course, being from Texas I assumed he would be.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Clint

I am enjoying all the pictures
You have already seen some really awesome stuff.

Love
Grandma

Anonymous said...

Hi Clint this is Rylea I hope your having a good time. looking good in those pictures. Love you lots


love, Rylea

Anonymous said...

Hey Clint. Looks like you're having a great time. How are those classes in Spanish? I'm sure not envious of that! We miss you!

Amber